- RT @latimes: President Trump is working on a “streamlined” version of his travel ban, says Homeland Security secretary… https://t.co/vbGaIjnbPG #,
- RT @politico: McCain: Trump’s attacks on press are 'how dictators get started' https://t.co/xW6ZXDcRfC https://t.co/PXNkAwFLOv #,
- RT @ColinKahl: State Dept cut out. NSC staff cut out. Nobody w/actual knowledge about foreign policy allowed to have input. https://t.co/rkwuXiOSGn #,
The Department of State issued the following alert regarding the Travel Ban on February 2, 2017. This clarifies the Trump Executive Order of January 27, 2017, as it applies to dual nationals of a designated country and a country that is not on the Travel Ban list. We reproduce the State Department Alert regarding the Travel Ban below.
Despite this statement, we urge dual nationals of one of the 7 designated countries to seek appropriate legal counsel prior to any attempt to enter or leave the US to minimize any negative impact the Travel Ban may have. more »
The Trump Administration issued an Executive Order on January 27, 2017, which, among other things, imposed a 90 day travel ban for nationals from 7 designated majority-Muslim countries.
The Travel Ban has suspended immigrant or nonimmigrant entry of individuals “from” one of 7 Muslim-majority countries. Designated countries now include Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen and Libya.
In addition, the Administration has indefinitely suspended visa issuance to individuals “from” one of the designated countries. The Order has also suspended admission of refugees to the US for 120 days. The Trump Administration has reserved the right to add to or subtract from the list of designated countries at any time. more »
Travelers arriving at US land border ports of entry can speed up US entry with an online I-94 application. The online I-94 application process involves providing biographic and travel information and paying a $6 fee up to seven days prior to entry. more »
Nonimmigrant visa wait times to obtain interview appointments at US Consular Posts in India have become extraordinarily long–some more then 90 days, according to AILA. Given this situation and the likelihood that it will continue indefinitely, nonimmigrant visa applicants in India may wish to consider visa processing in a third country. more »
As expected, on April 7, 2016, during the first week it began accepting FY2017 H1B petitions for an employment start date of October 1, 2016, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reached the congressionally-mandated FY2017 H1B cap. USCIS has also received more than the limit of 20,000 H1B petitions filed under the US advanced degree exemption. more »
Top Requested Visa Info
- NBC Processing Times: USCIS
- Family-Based Priority Dates (FB)
- DV Green Card Lottery Cut-Off Numbers
- NSC Processing Times: USCIS
- USCIS Field Office Processing Times