US Consulate Dubai: New Visa System for Iranians
The US Consulate Dubai has a new visa system for Iranian visa applicants who reside in Iran. Since the US Consulate Dubai has limited interviewing capacity for Iranian visa applicants, appointments are not always readily available, although residents of Iran require a visa appointment.
Iranian visa applicants can now make their own visa appointments at the US Consulate Dubai, and they no longer need to use a travel agent for this purpose.
The US Consulate Dubai generally makes new appointment dates for Iranian visa applicants every other Wednesday. Please visit the US Consulate Dubai website for the most recent information. Appointments fill very quickly, so please plan accordingly. Applicants must schedule a visa interview through the Visa Information Service (VIS) Center, which is open 9:30am to 7:00pm (Dubai time), Monday through Friday, except for holidays, as appointments are available.
To schedule an appointment for residents of Iran, please follow the steps below:
- Call the VIS at the US telephone number +1-703-439-2322. Farsi and English speaking service agents are available to schedule the visa appointment. Applicants will need an international credit card to pay the visa fee.
- Applicants must then provide an international credit card nmber and pay a USD$20 appointment fee to the VIS agent, Visa applicants may schedule appointments for up to five (5) immediate family members at one time with one appointment fee.
- Changing a visa interview date is possible, but an applicant cannot change the name or passport number for an appointment.
Iranian nonimmigrant visa interviews in the UAE are conducted only at the US Consulate Dubai. The US Embassy Abu Dhabi processes Iranian immigrant visas.
This link provides details on how to apply for a temporary US visa.
Visa appointments will be made available on the following days:
- Wednesday, August 22, 2012.
- Wednesday, September 5, 2012.
- Wednesday, September 19, 2012.
Appointments for Iranian Student Visa and Exchange Visitor Visa Applicants
Iranian academic students attending a university, college or other academic institution who were not able to make an appointment through the VIS system in time to allow them to meet their start date may send an email with a scanned copy of their Form I-20 or DS-2019 to DubaiVisaStudent@state.gov. Please do not send emails repeatedly. The US Consulate Dubai will consider requests and communicate with applicants directly. In addition, if you have falsely obtained a student visa or exchange visitor visa appointment for travel purposes other than studying in the US, your application will not be accepted when you appear for your interview.
Visa Appointments for Emergencies and Urgent Medical Treatment
Iranian visa applicants wishing to travel to the US for emergency reasons or for urgent medical treatment should email DubaiVisaMedical@state.gov.
Last Updated In Temporary Visas
- Trump Administration Issues Updated Travel Ban
- Department of State Clarifies Application of Travel Ban to Dual Nationals
- Travel Ban Executive Order of January 27, 2017: Summary