US Embassy London: Limited Visa Processing Summer 2012
The US Embassy London has issued a notice regarding extremely limited US Visa processing in July and August 2012 due to the Olympics in London. In addition, US Embassy London has expanded its Visa Reissuance Program to additional temporary visa categories including the H-1B visa, H-4 visa, C-1 visa, D visa, and J-1 visa. Details are below.
US Embassy London Visa Services
- Visa services will be limited during July and August for all nonimmigrant visa categories.
- Therefore, we are encouraging applicants to apply for visas during the spring and early summer as appointment availability cannot be guaranteed.
- To facilitate this, we have opened up the appointment calendar through until the end of June.
Appointments must be scheduled through the Operator Assisted Information Service. Callers within the United Kingdom should dial 09042-450-100. Calls to this line will be charged at £1.23/min plus network extras. Callers from the United States should call 1-866-382-3589. Callers will be charged a fixed rate of $16:00 payable by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express only).
US Embassy London is also encouraging travelers who plan on entering the United States without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program by air or sea carrier, and who do not have travel authorization approval under the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), to register as soon as possible for summer travel. If an ESTA registration is denied, a visa will be required.
US Embassy London Visa Reissuance Program
- The US Embassy Visa Reissuance Program has been expanded to include H‐1B visa applicants and their H-4 visa derivatives who are renewing a visa of the same classification that has expired in the last 12 months.
- Other qualifying criteria apply for utilization of the Visa Reissuance Program. These criteria are on the US Embassy London website.
- The US Embassy London Visa Reissuance Program is also available to O-1 visa, P visa, J-1 visa C‐1 visa and D visa applicants.
- Please note that applicants must be physically present in the United Kingdom to utilize the US Embassy London Visa Reissuance Program.
- A US consular officer at US Embassy London reserves the right to request that a US visa applicant appear in person for an interview after reviewing his or her visa application.