US Embassy London O-1 Visa and P Visa Reissuance
The US Embassy London has advised that certain O-1 visa or P visa applicants who have held an O-1 visa or P visa in the past may be eligible to apply for the Visa Reissuance Program, and may obtain a new O-1 visa or P visa without an interview with a US consular officer. Criteria for eligibility are below.
Note that even if you meet the below criteria, the US Embassy London may still require you to appear for a personal interview in order for your visa to be reissued.
To qualify for O-1 visa or P visa reissuance at the US Embassy London without an interview, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- If, when you last applied for an O-1 visa or P visa, you provided a complete set of your fingerprints.
- You are applying to renew the same category of visa.
- That O-1 visa or P visa is either still valid, or has expired within the last 12 months.
- Your previous O-1 visa or P was not revoked, lost or stolen.
- You are not ineligible to receive a visa
- Your normal place of residence is the United Kingdom, or if you currently are living in the US, your last place of residence was the UK.
- Your application has not been refused under Section 214(b) of the Immigration & Nationality Act, or if refused, you can overcome Section 214(b); and,
- Your last visa application was not subject to additional administrative processing (Section 221(g) processing).
Depending upon individual circumstances, the US Embassy London may still determine that you are required to appear in person for an interview even if you meet these criteria.
For more information, see US Embassy London Visa Reissuance Program.
Last Updated In Temporary Visas
- Trump Administration Issues Updated Travel Ban
- Department of State Clarifies Application of Travel Ban to Dual Nationals
- Travel Ban Executive Order of January 27, 2017: Summary